JOIN OUR TEAM
WE ARE GROWING!!! Callon Dietz is a professional land surveying firm. With a 50-year history, Callon Dietz has staff operating from 4 locations across Ontario. As one of the top 5 surveying firms in Ontario, Callon Dietz has an established client base, excellent reputation and management systems in place (quality, safety, training, employee engagement). We are looking for people to join our growing team. If you are a person that loves problem solving, accuracy, creative and innovative thinking
Callon Dietz Inc. is a progressive geomatics firm offering surveying, mapping and land information services to customers located throughout Ontario. With a staff of over 80 individuals providing services to clients in the transportation, infrastructure, energy, land development and government market sectors.
Our team of qualified and highly motivated people utilize some of the most advanced equipment and software in the industry to provide quality services and products in the cadastral (legal), construction, engineering and geodetic survey fields and in mapping, land information and GIS sector. We excel at timely delivery and understanding our client's needs.
We're a growing and dynamic organization that thrives in creating opportunities for our employees and servicing our clients; our strong employee retention represents our commitment to providing an enjoyable work environment and rewarding careers.
Health and Safety/HR
Positions: Health and Safety/HR
Locations: London, ON
Reports To: VP Health and Safety
Health and Safety
• Initiate, promote, implement and maintain safety and health projects and initiatives
• Provide a short safety briefing and connect with all new hires (typically during safety orientation).
• Review the completed office and field inspections at the end of each month to identify gaps/improvements in our Health & Safety Program, and report on the results.
• Monitor and recommend corrective actions (documented in corrective action logs)
• Review quarterly statistical reports, and present findings to management
• Ensure compliance meets all legislative requirements, including: WHMIS, First Aid Responder, Workplace Safety and Health Committee, etc.
• Managing, Auditing and implementing our COR program.
• Monitor, update and communicate the Callon Dietz Health and Safety Program.
• Ensure Safe Work Practices & Procedures are current and complete for all worksites
• Investigate accidents thoroughly and effectively, and then respond appropriately as required
• Lead and/or coordinate occurrence of regular staff safety meetings (quarterly, and annual update)
• Conduct effective ergonomic analysis of the workplace
• JHSC member and liaison between the committee and Managers
• Manage return to work programs proactively with Management working closely with the employee, their supervisors and the insurance organization to ensure the employee's safety and health and protecting the Company's interests
• Diligently encourage and promote positive and effective employee relations through communications initiatives, coaching supervisors, providing counseling to employees and monitoring employee satisfaction
• Participate in the hiring process, from screening resumes to assembling the interview package.
• Assist in development and updates of Personnel Policies and Procedures.
• Help to ensure organization wide compliance with policies, procedures, and programs.
• Track HR key performance metrics and assist with ongoing stat reporting.
• Help develop and manage employment programs, employee evaluations, promotions, and training programs by sourcing or creating material.
• Assist with research regarding Human Resources issues, including employment legislation.
• Respond to or refer all inquiries to the appropriate individuals across the organization.
• Type forms, offer letters, reports, and memos as necessary.
• Organize, maintain, and coordinate HR records and files in their proper locations. • Track performance evaluations and assist with other performance management tasks.
• Post-secondary education in HR and Health and Safety certification and/or combination of relevant work experience to successfully meet the key criteria of the position.
• Experience or familiarity with Ontario Health and Safety Policies
• Certified in First-Aid, WHMIS (knowledge of COR is an asset)
• Highly safety motivated, willing to speak on behalf on employees
• Looking to always find ways to improve current safety system and policies
• Detail Oriented
• Health and Safety Advocate
• Strong Communicator
• Team Leader
• Interacts with other members of the Join Health and Safety Committee
• Willingness to travel to all Callon Dietz offices for presentations and updates
APPLY FOR THIS JOB
Send the following information to to apply for this position:
Completed Job Application Form